Friday, August 19, 2011

The Countdown Begins...

"Don't ask me how to get started, it's all uncharted."

Call me cheesy, but I had to quote a Sara Bareilles song for this.  It is unbelievable to me that in 10 short days I will board a plane and move across the world to a quaint Roman apartment on Via Andrea Busiri Vici.  Right now, it all just feels so strange.  Half of my friends are en route to Atlanta for the semester, while the rest are scattering across the globe from Amsterdam to Costa Rica, India to France.  And I am off to Italy for a truly uncharted adventure.  

Being a planner who enters everything from meals out to Skype dates on my calendar, this is a bit nerve-racking.  I have no clue who I will meet, where I will go, or even what venue I will frequent for fourthmeal (only college kids will get that one...and do they even do fourthmeal in Italy?  I'm pretty sure Taco Bell created that word...).  The not knowing is starting to drive me a little crazy now that I don't have a summer job to distract me and I do have a massive to-do list to conquer in the next week and a half.  Still, I feel that there is such promise in what is unknown, the promise to learn, grow, and improve oneself that only a leap outside of one's comfort zone can offer.  So, while I know the novel Eat, Pray, Love racked up some mixed reviews, I've decided to title my blog similarly because I, like author Elizabeth Gilbert, am all too fond of indulging in decadent Italian food and documenting new life reflections.

Below are a few pretty photos I found on Pinterest as a prelude to the real thing.

Ciao,
Alexi


Bellissimo!

I wish every flag looked this good...

So enticing...

Audrey Hepburn in Rome with a puppy...what could be more fabulous?


No comments:

Post a Comment