Thursday, October 20, 2011

Trastevere and a Little Hiatus

I am sorry to part with my precious blog for a little stretch, but I am so relieved and excited to say that tomorrow morning I will be off to Barcelona!  It has been a treacherously long week of midterms, sleepless nights and to-go food eaten on the floor.  When you're eating Chinese takeout on unswept linoleum while craned over a book on the urban planning of Italy over the past 130 years, you know it's bad.  And the espresso supply in la nostra casa?  Almost nonexistent.  Needless to say, it's time for a break.  And we will be living it up in a big way with a little siesta in Espana!  After Barcelona, we'll be scooting on over to Madrid.  My third travel spot of the trip is still up in the air so we'll just see where the wind blows me.  I didn't want to leave without leaving some proper pictures though so, while this week has been primarily spent inside of a textbook, I did manage to make it over to Trastevere for a study session and capture a couple of pretty scenes along the way.  Get ready for a long fall break update in the near future!

Baci,
Alexi

Crossing the Ponte Sisto

Piazza Trilussa

Trastevere's main piazza by day

Not a shabby view!

Take a look at that street sign...?

 By the Church of Santa Maria in Trastevere

1 comment: